this is about me:
My name is Melanie and I live in the wonderful city of Berlin but I am, so to speak, a citizen of the world (I know this sounds cheesy 😉 ). I travel a lot, visit beautiful places and this inspires me but I enjoy coming back to my home base, to my family and friends as well. To take a deep breath and a moment to think.
We travel because we need to, because distance and difference are the secret tonic to creativity. When we get home, home is still the same, but something in our minds has changed, and that changes everything.
Quite a while ago I discovered the magic of images captured on cellophane. The opportunity to stop the moment and record it with all its beauty and particularity fascinates me to this day.
We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.
And so I attended some workshops in Berlin, Hamburg with different photographers and I still do. I am on my own adventure: photography.
My photographs reflect how I see the world and the people around me. My great passion is portrait photography. For me this means to create an atmosphere in which you feel comfortable and in which you just feel that everything falls into place and you are exactly where you want to be. In this moments we are free and our true self. Exactly this raw beauty and genuineness of you I want to capture with my camera. This is why I prefer the natural photography: photos from the moment, available light and as little as possible image processing. My work you find here.
The memory does not film, the memory photographs. – Milan Kundera
I am looking forward hearing from you. 🙂 You want to write me a message, then klick here.
What I love and inspires me:
– exploring different countries and cultures
– this moment where everything fell into place and I am exactly where I am supposed to be
– the small interactions between people which seems so insignificant but tell so much
– my family and friends
– the sound of a plane taking off and the view from the airplane window above the clouds
– the first tulips of the year and the first days of spring when everything awakes
– enjoying the small things in life: the sunrise, the cup of coffee or the smile of the old woman opposite of me in the train
– meeting people and listen to their stories
– driving by bike through the city
I’m beginning to recognise that real happiness
isn’t something large and looming on the horizon ahead,
but something small, numerous and already here.
The smile of someone you love.
A decent breakfast. The warm sunset.
Your little everyday joys all lined up in a row.
– Beau Taplin
Lets Get in Touch
Life is about choices. Some we regret, some we’re proud of. We are what we choose to be – Graham Brown
My Contact Information
Address: Stralauer Allee, 10245 Berlin
Mobile: (+49) 0176 20 62 15 91